Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits



Good morning, everyone! Yesterday our youngest and I whipped up these easy-peasy taste-alike biscuits ala Red Lobster to go along with our dinner. If you don't have a box of Bisquick in your house, I'd highly suggest adding one to your pantry. It makes the best pancakes, and comes in handy for quick drop biscuits and muffins. Here's how you make the buttery, garlicky ones we enjoyed last night.

Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits

2 c. baking mix (like Bisquick)
1/2 c. shredded cheddar
2/3 c. milk
4 T. butter
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
dried parsley (for sprinkling)

Mix the first 3 ingredients until all of the milk is incorporated and the dough is sticky.
Drop the dough by the spoonful onto a greased baking sheet. Flatten the tops a little so the tiny peaks of dough don't get too brown.
Bake at 450 for 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in the microwave. Stir in the garlic powder.
When the biscuits come out of the oven, brush the tops generously with the garlic butter. Sprinkle with parsley flakes.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, I am visiting from Think Pink Sundays. When I was teaching in a private school we would take field trips to Red Lobster before the restaurant opened for the day. We would always try to figure out the recipe for these biscuits by asking many questions as we toured the kitchen! Needless to say, we were never very successful at getting the recipe. I am going to try these today. Thank you so much for sharing it!!!
    Kathleen @AlwaysSewLove.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try them, Kathleen? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. YUMMM!! These look de-lush...and sound super easy to make! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... definitely will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!
    That's my favorite thing to eat when we go to Red Lobster. I'm pinning this to make later. Need to get some Bisquick this week.
    Visiting you from Cowgirl Up party!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tryed these and there soooo good and super easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked 'em. I make them all the time, too, because they're so easy. Thx for commenting!

      Delete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...