Monday, January 14, 2013

Craft of the Week: Printed Burlap Sign


Hey there, Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. We were able to spend some time with friends, our kids, and get a little closer to having a clean(er) and more organized basement (fun). It was a nice weekend. We were tired last night, though, so we have Downton Abbey DVRd. Did you watch?

We also finally figured out how we want our kitchen to look. You may remember that we've been wanting to remodel ever since the day we moved in, but we just couldn't settle on a floorplan. After many discussions, I think we've hit on the idea that will stick, but it's gonna take a leeetle more demolition. Yikes!

One thing I've wanted from the start is open shelving (more on that tomorrow), so this little project by Aimee at It's Overflowing will be something I try. She printed out family rules onto burlap and framed it. I didn't know you could print on burlap, did you? So easy! The family rules are a cute idea for the kitchen, but I was thinking dictionary entries for cooking terms might be cool, or even recipes. A couple of these propped among our dishes would be so great, I think.

Thanks for the inspiration, Aimee! Have a great day, guys.

2 comments:

  1. Love this burlap sign...just now came across your lovely blog. Now I'm a follower:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...