Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Basket Cupcakes and (Someday) Egg Decorations

We've had the most beautiful weather here lately, and it truly was wonderful to celebrate Easter this past weekend feeling like spring had sprung. It's definitely not unheard of to have snow on the ground on Easter Sunday here in northeast Ohio...and let me tell you, there's nothing more depressing than covering up your kids' easter egg-hued dresses with winter coats. But luckily, the daffodils, forsythia, and hyacinths have bloomed, and the sun is shining!














We made these cupcakes with my friend, Becky, and her two kids, Libby and Katie. These are apparently a tradition in Becky's family, and we were thrilled to share it with her and her girls. Too cute, I must say. And very kid-friendly. Just bake the cupcake flavor of your choice, frost them with colored frosting and dip in coconut that's been mixed with food coloring. Then add a few jelly beans and a pipe cleaner for the basket's handle.
















Here are our Easter eggs, which Liv took a lot of joy in counting (seen here) and finding after her Dad hid them in the back yard. Someday, I'd like to make some permanently decorated eggs. I know you can poke holes in eggshells and blow out the insides, but that just sounds like a hassle, and I can't imagine very many of them would survive from year to year. I like the ideas found in Family Circle. Buy ceramic eggs, and decorate them using Japanese washi tape. Check it out:


Cute, huh? Maybe next year!

1 comment:

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...